Leadership development in the cultural sector: paradigms, pedagogies and practices 22 March 2016 Brussels, Belgium
How can we better understand the direction, challenges, and needs of leadership development in the European cultural sector ?
Join ENCATC’s collaborative masterclass to explore cultural leadership development in a European context, from theoretical, contextual and pedagogical perspectives. Exchange experiences, knowledge and research with the team who are developing a new cultural leadership development programme with our 21st century challenges firmly in mind. Consider a range of stimulating provocations from guest speakers; expand your professional network; and build bridges for future collaborations. Your input and point of view will be invaluable contributions, and thanks to the collaborative masterclass’s rich programme and interactive format, you are sure to leave with new ideas, thoughts and inspiration for your own work!
The ENCATC collaborative Masterclass is organised in the framework of the “European Cultural Leadership” project, a two-year partnership initiative supported by Erasmus+ and Västra Götaland region Sweden. The project consortium is led by Nätverkstand Kultur in Sweden and includes ENCATC, Trans Europe Halles, and the Olivearte Cultural Agency.
Programme (9:30 -17:30)
- 09:30 – 10:00 Registration
- 10:00 – 10:10 Welcome by Prof. Annick Schramme, ENCATC President and Karin Dalborg, CEO, Nätverkstan Kultur)
- 10:10 – 10:30 Cultural leadership development, introduction to the topic and each other
- 10.30 – 12:30 What environment, structure, pedagogical methods and theoretical perspectives are needed to learn and develop cultural leadership in a European context? Four provocations followed by Q&A, discussions.
- 12.30 – 12.45 Feedback from ‘critical friend’
- 12:45 – 14:15 Lunch time
- 14:15 – 14:45 Introduction to the ‘European Cultural Leadership’ Project by the team
- 14:45 – 16:30 Workshop on key themes
- 16.30 – 17.30 Feedback, rapportage and next steps.
- Networking and a glass of wine
- Dr Jon Price, Senior Research Fellow at Greys School of Art in Aberdeen (Scotland) and author of The Discourse of Cultural Leadership
- Hatem Hassan Salama, theatre director and Project Manager of Tandem Shaml (Europe and Southern Mediterranean Region)
- Marjolein Verhallen and Pepijn Reeser, Course Leader and Course Coordinator (respectively) of the LinC project (The Netherlands)
- Dr Višnja Kisić, Co-founder and Development Manager, Creative Mentorship project (Serbia)
Critical friend and rapporteur for the day:
- Maureen Salmon, Course Leader, University of the Arts and Founder Director of Freshwaters Consultancy (UK)